“Games of….” potpourri. Just a “placeholder post”, saving links to things I like, and will want to check out again in the future.
- http://www.3ders.org/articles/20130527-3d-printable-version-of-chess-like-game-of-thrones-cyvasse.html –Would like to get my mitts on a good Cyvasse set for a good price. I like the board that mimics traditional chess, but there are other interpretations out there for this game. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/136975/cyvasse http://gameofcyvasse.com/ http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-fan-creates-playable-cyvasse-board/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_of_the_Discworld#Thud For both “Thud!” and “Stealth Chess” –I still kick myself for not snatching up a copy of THUD I saw at a local game store when it first came out, shortly after Sir Terry Pratchett’s novel of the same name. And it’s neat that a later “variant” came out, “Koom Valley, which used the same board and pieces.. https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4532/thud
- https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/16992/tsuro –Tsuro. Have the game, currently locked up in my storage unit. *Shame*.
- https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/23935/oshi –Oshi. Have the game, currently locked up in my storage unit. *Shame*.
- https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/227/knightmare-chess –I have both Knightmare Chess and Knightmare Chess 2, currently locked up in my storage unit. *Shame*.
- https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/38764/shuuro –Shuuro. Just today learning about this. Sounds cool.
- https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4616/arimaa –Arimaa. Have the game, currently locked up in my storage unit. *Shame*.
- http://www.thinkfun.com/solitairechess –Solitaire Chess, which basically a bunch of “chess problems”. I break it out every once in awhile, and have not yet made it through all of the problems. *Shame*. I even have the phone app.
Websites about games:
Just stumbled across this one called “Dice Monkey”, which I want to check out more of — http://dicemonkey.net/category/game-design/page/5/
Ooo…. “Chess 2”: http://ludemegames.com/chess2/