So, weekend of June 16th, the long-awaited sequel to the original “The Incredibles” movie came out, “The Incredibles 2”. My Fiance had never seen the original, so we bought it on Netflix and watched it that weekend. She said she liked it, and enjoyed it. Yay!
Last weekend, weekend of June 23rd, she indulged my sci-fi/superhero nerdy-obsession: we saw “The Incredibles 2”! I’m a very lucky dork.
We both enjoyed it, by the way. Good stuff, a lot if fun. In a way, I compare it — in one way — with the more-recent Marvel movies, volumes 1 and 2 of “Guardians of the Galaxy”. In what way? As a kind if two-part “origin story”. Which will hopefully lead to more stories with these beloved characters, new challenges, new developments, new adventures, new worlds to explore.
Anyway, this post is a HeroClix Wish-List post. Done this once before, covering the original movie. A lot has changed in the game since I last wish-listed them. Rules have improved, game design overall and character dial design in particular has evolved continually, and character selection has become incredibly diverse. Playing and collecting this game is a fun, wonderful experience.
Since I’m more of a “Marvel Zombie”, this Wish-List will be drawing inspiration largelt from the Marvel HeroClix sets: THE MIGHTY THOR; AVENGERS/DEFENDERS WAR; AVENGERS INFINITY.
HEROCLIX WISH-LIST: THE INCREDIBLES (Super-Booster Expansion Set):
EDIT (2018-07-01]: Sorry this is taking so long, “real life” gets in the way. I’ll start with listing “predictable” stuff first, hopefully as time marches on and the list gets revised the ideas will get better…
- “Civilian Alter Egos”: Basically, redesign and reintroduce the Alter Ego (in a way that the language can be retrofitted back onto existing Alter Ego empowered HeroClix characters of past sets), maybe incorporating STOP click special power type of effects. Then, put them on “civilian” versions of Robert Parr, Helen Parr, Lucius Best, Violet Parr, Dashell Parr. These versions of the characters would be Unique-ringed Super Rares. Traited Shape Change.
- Mr. Incredible: Basic power set: Super strength, suite of damage reducers. Need versions for Common, Uncommon, and Rare rarity levels. Common: 1st movie, orange/black costume, “super-dad”, keyword-based Perplex when within so many squares of Frozone and other Incredibles. Uncommon: 1st movie, blue/black “golden age” version; some sort “danger sense” (may be reflected with Energy Shield/Deflection, or Defend, or some combination of the two). Rare: 2nd movie, orange/black supersuit, stronger keyword-based ally-proximity-based special effects.
- Edna Mode: Unique, Super-Rare
- Rick Dicker: Unique, Super-Rare
- Syndrome Mercenary
- Syndrome Agent/Mirage
- Omnidroid Mk I
- Omnidroid Mk II
- Omnidroid Mk III
- Omnidroid Mk IV
- Gamma Jack
- Vechicle: Syndrome Hoverblade
- Vehicle: Incredibile
- Vehicle: Mohawk (mentioned in Incredibles 2, not seen)
- Vehicle: Elasti-Cycle
- Vehicle: Snogg’s Jet
- Vehicle: Underminer’s Drill (Colossal)
- Vehicle: Underminer’s Drill (Giant)
- **more to follow**